AVI works with undergraduate students every semester to provide meaningful internship experiences. Interns assist with marketing, awareness months, and AVI events. Students looking to gain experience in supporting victims/survivors of violence, violence prevention, social justice work, or the business of higher education are invited to apply. All interns are required to attend staff meetings on a weekly basis, in addition to regular, biweekly meetings with the Assistant Director for Anti-Violence Initiatives. AVI currently offers five internships each school year.
We are looking to hire an additional Green Dot Promotion & Engagement Intern for Spring 2017.
Application link: https://tcnj.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_6JfgwioKX1wwKhf
The descriptions for each of our internships are listed below.
Green Dot Promotion & Engagement Intern
- Design brief programs to promote Green Dot (a violence prevention strategy utilizing the bystander intervention approach)
- Advertise and promote participation in Every Choice, an online tool for bystander skills training
- Design a social media campaign to promote Green Dot and work closely with the social media intern to disseminate information
- Assist in the planning of Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) trainings
- Manage all social media for AVI
- Create and promote PSAs
- Develop newsletters to send to AVI listserv with updates and current events
- Work closely with all other AVI personnel to share project related information with the campus community
- Website management
Victim Support Specialist Intern
- Design and deliver programs that educate campus community members on how to support victims/survivors
- Design brochures, worksheets, etc that provide information of information related to available resources and grievance procedures across campus
- Disseminate information about resources in ways that are easily accessed by students
- Oversee A Day to End Rape Culture program and planning
Community Engaged Intern
The community engaged intern is hired through the CEI program out of The Career Center.
- Train and oversee the Street Team, a group of volunteers within AVI
- Collaborate between AVI interns, SAVE Peer Educators, Street Team members and AVI professional staff
- Communicate AVI related information to a wider audience and engage community members through collaborative initiatives
- Project management
Inclusive Community Programming Intern
Develop inclusive programs that meet the needs of all members of the TCNJ community and invite the full participation of typically underserved and underrepresented populations through:
- Editing and enhancing existing programs to be more inclusive.
- Creating prevention and education programs for specific populations at higher risk for power-based personal violence.
- Creating education for students, faculty and staff around intersectionality and power-based personal violence.
Timeline and Important Dates to Remember:
Weekly staff meetings: Wednesdays 10-11 AM for Spring 2017 in Forcina 308
**Please note, those who contact our office earlier in the summer may be eligible to start gathering internship hours in the month of August. August is packed with trainings, presentations and preparations for the academic year. It’s a great time to be in the office!