AVI leads TCNJ’s prevention efforts by providing a variety of educational trainings. To request an AVI program, click here. AVI’s Menu of Programs includes:
- Bystander Intervention: Do you get angry or frustrated when others just stand by without acting? Do you want to be part of the 87% of polled TCNJ students who said they’ll intervene but maybe don’t know how to address a situation? Learn several safe intervention strategies for addressing situations and set personal goals for intervening.
- Healthy Relationships: Feeling unhappy in your relationship? Fighting more often than not with your partner? Wondering what you can do to make your relationship stronger? Even if you are already in a healthy relationship, these skills can help make it even better. Develop healthy relationship skills for all types of relationships—romantic, friendship, or professional.
- Sexuality 101: Do you enjoy TED talks? How about pizza? In this program, we use our favorite food, pizza, as a metaphor for sex in a humorous and educational explanation of healthy relationships, consent, and communication. This program is light hearted and great for any organization, residence hall, or club.
- Victims’ Rights and Resources: Have you noticed the recent media attention around sexual violence on college campuses nationwide? Ever wonder what it’s all about? Curious what TCNJ offers to support victims and survivors? Learn about your rights as a student, resources on campus and what you can do to support friends who have experienced power-based personal violence.
- Green Dot: Looking for a resource to help provide education on violence reduction to your organization? Have time at the end of your club’s meetings for a 15-minute program created by students for students? Look no further than Green Dot! This free program emphasizes the idea that it’s our individual choice to make our campus safer by recognizing high risk situations and addressing bystander behavior.
Interested in hosting a power-based personal violence & prevention education event or program but don’t know where to start? Contact us! TCNJ’s Anti-Violence Initiatives has cosponsored events with various on-campus organizations. We use our vast social media platform to extend invitations campus-wide. Please join us in helping to spread awareness & positive messages across the TCNJ community.