Everyone’s experience with power-based personal violence is unique. Tuning into what you want or need may help determine which action steps, if any, you choose to pursue. Anti-Violence Initiatives, or AVI, is a confidential resource that is available to you at any point in this process. AVI can assist you in identifying your needs, help you understand the options available, and help you access any resources on- or off- campus. AVI can also work with you to ensure your physical and emotional safety.
AVI operates with the CARE philosophy, emphasizing choice, advocacy, respect, and empowerment. All students who interact with our office can expect to be treated in this manner. Guided by the Division of Student Affairs’ Mission and Goals, Anti-Violence Initiatives leads the campus effort to address issues of sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking. We work with our community partners to create a campus environment that is intolerant of abuse and responsive to needs of victims/survivors. Our objective is to establish a campus culture for safety, free from power-based personal violence, resulting in a safer living and learning environment.
- Confidential and free
- Brief individual counseling, referral assistance, and crisis intervention appointments
- Psycho-educational workshops
- Advisement through the Title IX adjudication and criminal processes
- Accompaniment to Campus Police, local hospitals, or the Title IX Office
- Academic and logistical accommodations
- Coordination of education and awareness based events
- Skill-building for the campus community on bystander intervention, healthy relationships, healthy sexuality, supporting survivors, etc.
- Larger events in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October), Stalking Awareness Month (observed in February), Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April)
If you are looking to schedule an appointment with a clinician, please click here.